CES PTO NOVEMBER 2015 MINUTES
CES PTO MEETING MINUTES: November 3, 2015
Meeting called to order: 6:18 pm
CES Library – Babysitting in Room 232
IN ATTENDANCE: Jason Chevrier, Principal; PTO Board Members Carissa Zuniga, Shana Belsito, Dana Brandow, Deborah Lane, Kim Rossman; Mary Ann Ciampoli, Stacey Rattner, Marcella Junco, Valerie Glasheen, Jamie Auger, Meghan Connelly, Carol-Jo Pusateri, Nicole Willette, Regina Maier, Jill Chittenden
Approval of October Minutes: Mr. Chevrier – Motion to Approve; seconded by Mrs. Ciampoli.
Treasurer’s Report: Deb Lane reported check and savings account balances of $19,800.12 and $5,069.84, respectively; Community Fair profit – $8,673.24, Pai’s Tae Kwon Do profit – $270, Fishing Derby loss – $97.97, 2nd Grade Field Trip loss – $364, T-Shirt Orders – $2,192.25 collected.
- Nicole Willette for coordinating the Senior Citizen Brunch. Everyone went home full and entertained!
- Kim Frazier for coordinating Artworks Night on October 16 – went smoothly and was lots of fun. Approximately 24 families attended.
- Tracey Leahon and other volunteers who kept the kids neat for Picture Day! Regina Maier reported that a school code will soon come out for 5th grade parents to upload pics to Lifetouch for the yearbook.
- Marcella Junco for coordinating Box Tops – 3rd grade won the trophy for the month!
- Class Colors tee shirts/Jill Chittenden and Meghan Connelly, Chairs – tees will be ordered soon – the PTO will send out a donation slip with each tee to remind parents who have not paid that they can still make a donation.
- Book Fair/Kate Howe and Connie Tyrell, Chairs – Nov. 12/13 – still looking for volunteers.
- Harry Potter Night – Carissa Zuniga, Chair – Nov. 13 – geared toward the middle elementary levels. Always looking for extra hands. Conflicts with Girl Scouts’ apple pie-making this year.
- Holiday Bazaar – Jess Malone, Chair – Dec. 10/11 – lots of stuff already coming in, much is unusable. Jess is trying to make space and is there every Tuesday afternoon..
- Open Chairs were filled for 4th/5th Grade Fun night – Valerie Glasheen; Lip Sync – Marcella Junco, Jamie Auger and Jessica Noble; Science Fair – Dana Brandow and Transportation Breakfast – Nicole Willette.
- Carissa has looked into the purchase of a bounce house. Nicole Willette mentioned that she has a link to used ones. Mr. Chevrier brought up the fact that the PTO should look at liability insurance costs before buying.
- Postcards for the Parent Place app will be going home shortly. The app is currently available for Android users; it will be for Apple users soon.
- The PTO bylaws need to be updated. Carissa, Marcella and Dana will be reviewing before their presentation and approval at a future meeting.
- Mrs. Rattner reported that the 5th graders made Sarah Weeks bookmarks; the top six were sent to Ms. Weeks, and she selected one that Mrs. Rattner hopes to have printed and distributed to the entire school.
- Chris Grabenstein will be in town on Jan. 7 for his book release.
- Need to have expenses nailed down for Weeks and Grabenstein, per Mr. Chevrier.
- Read Over/Sleepover – Mrs. Rattner would like to have author Monica Wellington come in. Date is April 1.
- Penguin Kids – publisher – vote for Mrs. Rattner/Mrs. Kelliher’s Halloween photo to win books/cash for CES!
Faculty Input: Mrs. Ciampoli reported that the teachers love the idea of the class tee shirts and many of them are purchasing them as well. Great to encourage school spirit!
- Mr. Chevrier wants Twitter followers!
Meeting was adjourned at 7:30 pm. Next meeting on January 5, 2016.